Although somewhat altered this house was built by Wiley Payne Allred, son of James. Wiley was a pioneer doctor who later moved to Fountain Green. The original stone section was built between 1878 and 1886 with a later addition constructed in 1915 consisting of a bay window and a brick “L” at the rear. James R. Watson bought the property in 1894 and it remained in the Watson family until the 1980’s. The current owner is presently historically restoring the house.