This two story, stone hall-parlor house influenced by Greek Revival architecture was built for Orson Hyde probably in the late 1860s. An early convert to the LDS church, he was called as one of the church’s twelve apostles in 1835 and served as President of that quorum for 28 years. Sent to direct colonization of the Sanpete Valley in June of 1860, Hyde started in Manti and then moved to Spring City in August 1860. This house served as Hyde’s official residence with Mary Ann Price Hyde, one of his eight wives. He died on Thanksgiving Day 1878. There are two original limestone outbuildings and a part of a large barn on the property. Bruce and Bonnie Barker acquired the property in 2004 and have added a new wood frame addition to the rear of the house and undertaken a thorough restoration of the residence.