Old City Hall (left)
This is one of the few surviving vernacular civic buildings remaining in Sanpete County. Built in 1893 of oolitic limestone it is a temple form building with Greek Revival influence complete with a bell tower. The builders included masons: Jens D. Carlson, Jens. J. Sorensen, John F. Bohlin, and carpenters: William Downard and Marinus Mortensen. The building was used as a schoolhouse until 1900 when the large public school was opened. Two municipal bands used it as a practice hall. It served as the city hall until 1988 when this function was moved to the old Junior high school. It is now the D. U. P. Museum. Behind the building is an old jailhouse.
Old Firehouse (right)
At the turn of the 20th century Orson Allred built this building for commercial purposes. It is a wood frame false front building and was utilized by “drummers” or traveling salespersons to display their goods to local merchants. Later it served as the town’s fire station until larger, more modern, equipment was available. This building currently houses the Friends of Historic Spring City historical collection.