This large stone house, built by Peter Monson, is a distinctively Scandinavian type known as a “parstuga” or pair house consisting of a three-room-wide floor plan. In this example the east façade contains is a central gable above the second story door and the entry. The large stone rear addition to the west gives this example the appearance of a cross-wing house. Monson came from Sweden and was a miller by trade. He left this business to become a farmer and built this fine stone house c. 1883 for his daughter Petrea and son-in-law Lars Larsen. The house was deeded to Petrea in 1890. Peter Monson lived in a two-room adobe house to the east.