Jacob Johnson homesteaded 160 acres on this site and lived here five years before applying to acquire the property under the Homestead Act of 1881. He eventually acquired an additional 640 acres. Jacob Johnson, a lawyer, practiced in Spring City and eventually became a Judge. He also owned the largest home in Spring City. The farmhouse was restored in 2001 by Carl and Norma Timm.