A large stone, two-story hall-parlor plan house and rear stone addition was “Erected by Buhunin, 1883” according to the plaque in the central gable. Isaac Behunin, an original Sanpete County settler, explored what became Ephraim in 1852 and moved to Spring City in the 1860s. Four years after completing the house Behunin sold it to Simon Beck for $1,000. Beck, a successful sheep man, worked on the Manti Temple, owned the Spring City Co-op for a time and also served as postmaster from 1905-13. He married Sarah A. Crawforth and they raised nine children. The street on which the house is located was referred to as “Spit & Whittle” Avenue. Charlie, son of Simon Beck, had a bench the women of the town called the “Bummer’s bench.” The men claimed it was where important community events were discussed and decisions made. Simon’s son Charlie, paralyzed at an early age, presided at the bench providing advice and wisdom to all comers. For those who sat beside him he provided a white pine stick for whittling otherwise he claimed the bench would be whittled out from under him. Rick and Lynda Sentker acquired the property in 2003 and restored the log cabin behind the house and the house.