This one and one half story brick house was built about 1880 by Jens C. Andersen, a Dane. The main portion of the house contains a second story door above a small porch and is built with multi-colored brick. Note the prominent brick round-arched lintels above the door and window opening in contrast to the brick color of the exterior walls. The brick may have come from the same kiln as the brick used for the old elementary school. In 1885 Jens sold the house to Christian Andersen. Andrew Madsen, a handcart pioneer, purchased the home in 1891. Madsen, also from Denmark, was a Black Hawk War veteran, and was involved in the Spring City Roller Mills. A kitchen addition was constructed in 1910. Additional living space has been added by the current owners.