» » William & Margaret Osborne House, 1894 216 South Main

William & Margaret Osborne House, 1894 216 South Main

posted in: Historic Buildings | 0

william_osborne

The Osborne house is a fine example of Victorian pattern book architecture in Sanpete County. The one and one half story brick cross-wing house has shingled gables, intricately bracketed eaves, corbelled relieving arches, and polychrome brick. William Osborne was a merchant who owned a meat shop and confectionery shop located just north of the chapel. William’s wife, Margaret Beck Osborne, operated the house as a hotel for a number of years and fed the prisoners at the Spring City jail.

Leave a Reply