» » Thomas Schroder/Samuel Allred House, 1876 390 S. Main

Thomas Schroder/Samuel Allred House, 1876 390 S. Main

posted in: Historic Buildings | 0

thomas_schroder

This one and one half story stone hall-parlor house was built by Thomas G. Schroder, a German convert to the LDS church. Samuel Allred added a wing to the rear of the house about 1900. Samuel Allred, bishop from 1913-1928 purchased the house from Schroder in 1878. Allred’s first wife, Elizabeth Diantha, lived in this house while his second wife, Isabel, lived in a large brick house at 191 South 300 East.

Leave a Reply