Spring City Confectionery (left) –
This small brick one-part commercial block was built in 1915 and operated as a confectionery until 1973 by John R. Baxter, Jr. becoming a Spring City institution for several generations of Spring City children. Recently the building has been operated as a café.
Lyceum Theater (center) –
The Lyceum Theater, later known as The Victory, was constructed about1915 by John R. Baxter, Jr. It featured silent films and later “talkies.” The “hall” was sold to the LDS Church and served as a recreational center until 1976 when the cultural hall addition to the LDS chapel was completed.
Sandstrom’s Pool and Dance Hall (right) –
William Sandstrom built this two-story adobe-lined, wood frame commercial building about 1911. The first floor operated as a pool hall with a dance hall above. After Sandstrom’s death, James W. Blain ran a grocery store here and in the teens it was the post office. It also served as a bicycle shop, WPA library, and Dahl’s Grocery.