The southeast portion of this home was a one-room frame cabin constructed in 1884. The remainder was built in 1931. William Scott, an early freighter, resided here, however, it may have been built by Robert Blain, another occupant. The house was sold to Peter A. Hansen in 1898, then to Isaac Pratt Allred in 1901, and mortgaged to Wayne Nunley in 1915. Reid H. and Libbie Allred bought this house after their marriage, enlarging it and raising their family here. Reid was a local teacher, principal and LDS bishop.