» » Paul & Charles Kofford house, c. 1860 11 East 100 South

Paul & Charles Kofford house, c. 1860 11 East 100 South

posted in: Historic Buildings | 0

paul_kofford

One of Spring City’s earliest stone houses it was built for Paul E. Kofford (aka Koffoed) by stonemason Peter Olsen Hansen. Kofford, a Dane, was as a translator between Scandinavian immigrants in Spring City and the English speaking pioneers. He had learned English during his early career as a sea captain. The house plan is uncommon with a front facing parlor followed by two rooms at the rear. Paul’s son Charles acquired the house and resided there for many years. The house was renovated and restored in 2005.

Leave a Reply