» » Lauritz Larsen House, c. 1860s 12 East 300 South

Lauritz Larsen House, c. 1860s 12 East 300 South

posted in: Historic Buildings | 0

 

lauritz_larsenLauritz Larsen constructed this adobe hall-parlor house in the 1860s. The house was later sheathed with stucco. It
was passed on to his son L. O. Larsen and daughter-in-law Deseret Anderson. L. O. was a merchant, a manager of the Young Men’s Co-op, and served as LDS Bishop from 1904 until his death in 1913. He also served a 4 year term as Mayor. Later Ernest B. Terry, the town music teacher, acquired the house. It eventually became the home and studio of notable Sanpete artist Ella Peacock and is now owned by Dave and Karen Ericson.

 

Leave a Reply