» » James Rasmussen (Clawson) House, c. 1880 184 East 200 South

James Rasmussen (Clawson) House, c. 1880 184 East 200 South

posted in: Historic Buildings | 0

james_rasmussen

This small adobe, double-cell house is interesting because it represents a particularly popular building technique in Sanpete County. The adobe surface was plastered with red stucco and then scored and highlighted with white paint to simulate red brick. This technique made the house more attractive while concealing the adobe brick. The James Clawson family occupied the house for many years and added the rear wood frame and concrete block additions. It was restored in 2003 after being vacant for many years.

Leave a Reply