» » James C. & Martha Pedersen House, c. 1910 74 North 300 East

James C. & Martha Pedersen House, c. 1910 74 North 300 East

posted in: Historic Buildings | 0

james_pedersen

The “Jimmy King” Pedersen house is a one and one half story, brick Victorian pattern book design and one of the most elaborate in Spring City. Pedersen was successful in the sheep business and his wealth can be seen in this home. In 1907, while on an LDS mission to Norway, Pedersen met Matha Gabrielsen. She immigrated to New York and lived with a brother eventually making made her way to Utah. James and Martha were married in the Manti Temple on January 15, 1913. They raised seven children and one nephew. There are several versions as to how James arrived at this nickname, but he was known as an expensive dresser and prominent member of the Danish community.

Leave a Reply