This is the largest house in Spring City and consists of two distinct styles. The south half of the building was the original stone structure, a classically inspired two-story, hall-parlor plan. Its exterior has been stuccoed and scored to imitate ashlar masonry. In 1896 the large Victorian addition was built to the north complete with a circular corner tower and conical roof. Johnson and his mother arrived in Utah in 1854 from Aalborg, Denmark. He left for California as young man and eventually studied law. He returned to Utah and decided to practice in Spring City, later serving as City Attorney. He served in several Judgeships and in 1912 was elected to serve a term in the United States Congress. He was not a member of the LDS Church. He lost his first wife Margaret Anderson shortly after childbirth and later married Matilda Justesen. The stone building to the north of the house was the Judge’s office and a fine stone granary and large stone barn were also built on the property.
The house and outbuildings were acquired and restored by Chris and Alison Anderson in 2000, their four year restoration of the Historic Judge Jacob Johnson House was recognized by the Utah Heritage Foundation and the Andersons presented the Utah Heritage Foundation Award for the superior workmanship.