This two-story oolitic limestone hall-parlor house was built in the late 1870s by George Downard and closely resembles the Orson Hyde House. Downard was born in Kent, England and joined the LDS church in the late 1850s. After immigrating to Utah in 1862, he immediately located in Spring City and supported himself as a carpenter and house painter. The family moved to Richfield in the late 1860s but was forced to return to Spring City under the threat of Indian attack. Upon his return, Downard began construction of this large stone house, completing it in the late 1870s. In 1882 he sold the house to his son Joseph, a farmer and member of the Spring City Council. The house remains in the Downard family.