This stately two story, hall and parlor house with a rear stone wing, was built by Charles Crawforth. A former coachman in England, Crawforth had an interest in horticulture and came to Spring City in 1874. He became a farmer and also maintained an orchard of 250 trees west of the house as well as a beautiful garden complete with peacocks. Surrounding outbuildings included a barn, stone carriage house and a stone root cellar. The house faces north with grand views of Mt. Nebo to the Northwest. Crawforth, a widower, married William Hudson’s widow, Elizabeth Cooper Hudson. He died in 1910 and the land and house passed to his son, then to the son’s family. Interior designer, J. Scott Anderson, restored the house and outbuildings in 1990.