» » Arthur Johnson Meat Market, c. 1905 278 South Main

Arthur Johnson Meat Market, c. 1905 278 South Main

posted in: Historic Buildings | 0

authur_johnson

Best remembered after 1916 as the Arthur Johnson Meat Market this small brick building was actually built in 1905 by Alvin E. Allred. Arthur Johnson was the son of Judge Jacob Johnson. The store is now home to Joe Bennion’s Horseshoe Mountain Pottery. The building is a two-part block, false front commercial structure. The building’s gambrel roof replaced an earlier gable roof. Several potter’s kilns are located behind the building.

 

Leave a Reply